In modern heating and cooling systems, thermostats play a crucial role in maintaining optimal comfort levels while efficiently managing energy consumption. When it comes to heat pumps, a specialized type of HVAC system, thermostats are essential components that ensure the system operates effectively and provides both heating and cooling capabilities.
A heat pump is a device that uses a small amount of energy to transfer heat from one location to another, either by extracting heat from the outside air (air-source heat pump) or from the ground (ground-source heat pump). It can reverse its operation to provide both heating and cooling, making it a versatile and energy-efficient option for maintaining indoor comfort.
The thermostat acts as the control center for the heat pump, allowing users to set desired temperature levels and switch between heating and cooling modes. It communicates with the heat pump unit, sending signals to activate or deactivate the system based on the temperature readings in the surrounding environment.
Thermostats for heat pumps are specifically designed to accommodate the unique characteristics and requirements of these systems. They incorporate advanced features and algorithms to optimize energy efficiency and maintain precise temperature control. Some of the key features of thermostats for heat pumps include:
- Dual-Mode Operation: Heat pumps require a thermostat that can accommodate both heating and cooling modes. The thermostat allows users to switch between modes easily, ensuring the system operates in the desired mode based on the indoor temperature requirements.
- Heat Pump Compatibility: Thermostats are designed to work seamlessly with heat pumps, providing compatibility with the system’s wiring and control protocols. This ensures smooth communication between the thermostat and the heat pump unit.
- Programmable Settings: Many thermostats for heat pumps offer programmable settings, allowing users to create personalized schedules for temperature adjustments throughout the day. This feature helps optimize energy usage by adjusting temperatures based on occupancy patterns.
- Smart Thermostat Capabilities: With the advent of smart home technology, thermostats for heat pumps have become even more advanced. Smart thermostats offer Wi-Fi connectivity, enabling remote control via smartphone apps and integration with voice assistants. They also provide energy usage data, allowing users to monitor and manage their energy consumption more effectively.
- Energy Efficiency Optimization: Thermostats for heat pumps incorporate algorithms and features designed to maximize energy efficiency. They can intelligently adapt to changing conditions, adjusting temperature setpoints and cycling patterns to minimize energy waste while maintaining comfort levels.
How heat pump works
A heat pump is a device that can be used for both heating and cooling purposes. It works by transferring heat from one location to another using a refrigeration cycle. Here’s a simplified explanation of how a heat pump functions:
- Evaporation: The process starts with a refrigerant, a fluid with low boiling point, entering the evaporator coil located outside the building. The refrigerant absorbs heat from the outside air, causing it to evaporate and turn into a gas.
- Compression: The gaseous refrigerant is then compressed by a compressor, which increases its temperature and pressure. This process requires energy input.
- Condensation: The high-pressure, high-temperature gas then moves to the condenser coil inside the building. As the refrigerant passes through the condenser, it releases heat to the indoor environment, causing it to condense back into a liquid.
- Expansion: The liquid refrigerant then flows through an expansion valve or a metering device, which reduces its pressure. This pressure drop causes the refrigerant to cool down significantly.
- Repeating the cycle: The cool liquid refrigerant returns to the evaporator coil to repeat the cycle. It absorbs heat from the outside air again, and the process continues as long as the heat pump is operating.
During the heating mode, the heat pump extracts heat from the outside air (even at low temperatures) and transfers it inside the building. In the cooling mode, the process is reversed, with the heat pump extracting heat from inside and releasing it to the outside, thereby cooling the indoor environment.
It’s important to note that heat pumps are most efficient in moderate climates, where the temperature differential between indoors and outdoors is not extreme. In colder climates, supplemental heating may be required. Additionally, some heat pumps can also extract heat from the ground or water sources, such as geothermal heat pumps, providing even more efficient heating and cooling options.
Thermostat for heat pump: Buying guide
When choosing the best heat pump thermostat, there are several factors to consider. Here are some important considerations to help you make an informed decision:
- Compatibility: Ensure that the thermostat you choose is compatible with your specific heat pump system. Heat pumps can have different configurations, such as single-stage, multi-stage, or variable speed. Check the thermostat specifications to confirm compatibility with your heat pump’s wiring and control requirements.
To determine the compatibility of a thermostat model with heat pumps, a convenient method is to check its wiring labels. If the thermostat has the O/B label, it indicates compatibility with heat pumps. On the other hand, if the thermostat has both the O/B and AUX/E labels, it signifies compatibility with heat pumps that have auxiliary heating functionality.
- Heating and Cooling Modes: Heat pumps can provide both heating and cooling, so your thermostat should have the capability to control both modes effectively. Look for a thermostat that offers separate programming and settings for heating and cooling, allowing you to optimize comfort and energy efficiency for each mode.
- Programmable vs. Non-programmable: Consider whether you want a programmable or non-programmable thermostat. Programmable thermostats allow you to set temperature schedules for different times of the day or week, enabling energy-saving setbacks when you’re away or asleep. Non-programmable thermostats, on the other hand, provide manual temperature control without scheduling options.
- Energy Efficiency Features: Look for energy-saving features like temperature setbacks, adaptive recovery, and smart learning capabilities. These features can help optimize energy usage and reduce heating and cooling costs over time. Some thermostats also display energy consumption information, allowing you to monitor and track your energy usage.
- User Interface: Consider the user interface and ease of use. Look for a thermostat with clear and intuitive controls, a backlit display for easy reading, and simple programming options. Some thermostats also offer Wi-Fi connectivity and smartphone apps for remote control and monitoring.
- Additional Features: Depending on your preferences and needs, you may want to consider additional features such as humidity control, air filter change reminders, and compatibility with home automation systems like Alexa or Google Home.
- Budget: Determine your budget for a thermostat and consider the features and functionality you value most. Thermostats can range from basic models to advanced, feature-rich options. Consider the long-term energy savings potential when evaluating the cost.
- Installation: Lastly, consider the installation process. Some thermostats are designed for DIY installation, while others may require professional installation. Ensure that you’re comfortable with the installation requirements or budget for professional help if needed.
When selecting a thermostat for a heat pump with auxiliary (Aux) or emergency heating, there are a few additional considerations to keep in mind. Here’s what you should look for:
- Heat Pump Compatibility: Ensure that the thermostat you choose is specifically compatible with heat pumps with auxiliary or emergency heating systems. Not all thermostats are designed to handle the unique wiring and control requirements of these systems.
- Two-Stage or Multi-Stage Heating: Heat pumps with auxiliary heating often operate in multiple stages. The primary heat source is the heat pump itself, and the auxiliary heat, such as electric resistance coils, kicks in when additional heating is required. Look for a thermostat that supports two-stage or multi-stage heating to effectively control both the heat pump and the auxiliary heat.
- Heat Pump Balance Control: Some advanced thermostats offer heat pump balance control, also known as dual-fuel balance control. This feature ensures optimal energy efficiency by automatically adjusting the balance between the heat pump and the auxiliary heat based on factors like outdoor temperature. It helps minimize the use of more expensive auxiliary heat when the heat pump can handle the heating demand efficiently.
- Emergency Heat Mode: The thermostat should have a dedicated emergency heat mode. In this mode, the thermostat bypasses the heat pump completely and activates the auxiliary heat source to provide maximum heating output. It’s crucial to have easy access to emergency heat mode in case of a heat pump failure or when you need immediate and powerful heating.
- Intelligent Control Algorithms: Look for thermostats with intelligent control algorithms specifically designed for heat pumps with auxiliary heating. These algorithms optimize the transition between heat pump and auxiliary heat operation, ensuring smooth and efficient heating performance while minimizing energy consumption.
- Smart Thermostat Features: Consider whether you want a smart thermostat with Wi-Fi connectivity and advanced features like remote control, scheduling, energy monitoring, and integration with smart home systems. Smart thermostats offer convenience and flexibility, allowing you to control and monitor your heating system from anywhere.
- Heat Pump Defrost Control: Heat pumps require occasional defrost cycles to remove ice buildup on the outdoor unit. Some thermostats have defrost control features that can optimize the defrost cycles, ensuring efficient operation and preventing unnecessary use of auxiliary heat during defrosting.
It’s advisable to consult the manufacturer’s specifications and documentation to confirm the compatibility of the thermostat with your specific heat pump system and auxiliary heating setup. Additionally, professional installation may be recommended for complex systems or if you’re unsure about the wiring requirements.
Smart heat pump thermostat
Nest 3rd generation thermostat
The Nest 3rd Generation thermostat is our top recommendation for a heat pump smart thermostat. The Nest 3rd Generation thermostat can accommodate up to 2 stages of heating and cooling, incorporating the use of auxiliary heat and also system with duel fuel capabilities.
One notable feature of the Nest 3rd Generation thermostat is its intelligent management of the auxiliary heat system. It activates the auxiliary heat only when necessary, such as when the outside temperature drops below the aux heat lockout temperature. By default, the thermostat employs the heat pump balance function, which automatically determines the appropriate aux heat lockout temperature. This ensures efficient use of the auxiliary heat while maintaining optimal comfort.
As a self-learning thermostat, the Nest 3rd Generation model quickly adapts to your living habits and schedules. Within 7 to 10 days of installation, it analyzes your patterns and programs itself accordingly, aiming to provide maximum energy savings. This feature simplifies the thermostat’s operation and helps optimize comfort and efficiency in your home.
Here are some of the other features commonly associated with the Nest 3rd generation thermostat:
- Learning Capability: One of the standout features of Nest thermostats is their ability to learn and adapt to your preferences and schedule. The 3rd generation Nest thermostat can learn your temperature preferences over time and create a personalized schedule based on your usage patterns.
- Auto-Schedule: With the Auto-Schedule feature, the Nest thermostat learns your daily routine and adjusts the temperature accordingly. It can detect when you leave the house and automatically set itself to an energy-saving temperature to help reduce energy consumption.
- It provides energy usage reports and tips on how to optimize your heating and cooling settings for maximum efficiency.
- Compatibility: Nest thermostats, including the 3rd generation model, are compatible with a wide range of heating and cooling systems, including gas, electric, forced air, heat pump, and radiant systems. They can also integrate with other smart home devices and platforms.
- Sensors and Proximity Detection: The Nest 3rd generation thermostat is equipped with various sensors, including temperature, humidity, and occupancy sensors. These sensors help the thermostat optimize energy usage and detect when you’re at home or away.
- Compatibility with Voice Assistants: The Nest 3rd generation thermostat works seamlessly with voice assistants like Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
Nest also has a budget friendly option for heat pump namely Nest E . But it is important to note that it will not work with
Single stage heat pump with separate two stage furnace heating (Dual fuel)
Two stage heat pump with or without AUX heat
Two stage heat pump with separate two stage furnace heating (Dual fuel)
Ecobee 4 thermostat
The Ecobee 4 is a feature-rich smart thermostat model that offers extensive compatibility options. It supports heat pumps with 4 stages of heating and 2 stages of cooling (4H/2C), providing precise control over temperature regulation. Additionally, the Ecobee 4 is also compatible with heat pumps that have auxiliary or emergency heating, offering 2 stages of aux heating.
One notable aspect of the Ecobee 4 is its support for accessories commonly associated with heat pump systems. This includes compatibility with humidifiers, dehumidifiers, ventilators, Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERV), and Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV).
Here are some other features of the ecobee4 thermostat:
- Energy Savings: The ecobee4 thermostat helps homeowners save up to 23% annually on heating or cooling costs compared to a hold temperature of 72 degrees. It is designed to optimize energy usage and reduce utility bills.
- Room Sensors: The ecobee4 comes with one Room Sensor included, and additional sensors can be purchased separately. These sensors measure occupancy and temperature, allowing the thermostat to adjust the temperature and mode based on the rooms that matter the most.
- The Power Extender Kit is provided for homes without a common wire (C-wire).
- Voice Control with Built-in Alexa: The ecobee4 thermostat has built-in Alexa voice control. Users can control the thermostat, ask for information, play music, set timers, and perform various other tasks using voice commands. The built-in Alexa integration eliminates the need for a separate smart speaker device.
- It can work with popular smart home platforms like Apple Homekit, Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT, and more.
The RTH9580WF model is compatible with both Heat Pumps and Heat pumps with Aux/Emergency heating. It can support up to 2 stages of heating, providing flexibility in controlling temperature settings. For cooling, the thermostat has a default “cooling changeover valve” mode, which can be adjusted as needed (for more information, refer to the installation manual).
In terms of Aux/Emergency Heat, Honeywell thermostats refer to it as “backup heat” in their software. To properly utilize this feature, you need to connect the Aux/E wires from your heat pump to the W2-Aux/E terminal on the Honeywell thermostat. By connecting these wires, the backup heat mode will be activated in the thermostat’s software.
If your heat pump has separate wires labeled Aux and E, you should connect them together and then attach them to the W2-Aux/E terminal of the thermostat (RTH9580WF).
Note-Not a self learning or auto scheduling thermostat like Nest
Here are other features of Honeywell’s thermostat:
- Personalized Design: The Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Color Programmable Thermostat allows you to customize its appearance to match your home décor, offering a personalized touch.
- Auto Changeover: The thermostat features an auto changeover feature that automatically selects heating or cooling mode based on the indoor temperature. The thermostat ensures a minimum 3-degree separation between heating and cooling settings.
- Customers may enroll in their local utility’s “Demand Response Program,” allowing slight adjustments to temperature settings during high energy demand periods and earning rewards for participation.
- Compatibility: The Honeywell thermostat is compatible with forced air systems (gas, oil, or electric), hot water and steam systems, and heat pumps with electric backup. However, it does not work with electric baseboard heat (120-240V). A C-Wire (common wire) is required for installation.
- It provides monthly energy reports to help you track your heating and cooling usage and offers personalized tips on reducing energy consumption.
Wifi enabled heat pump thermostat
Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat
The Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat offers extensive compatibility with various heating, cooling, and heat pump systems. For heat pump systems, it supports up to four stages of heating and two stages of cooling, whether with or without auxiliary heat. In addition, it is compatible with gas, electric, oil systems, as well as millivolt applications, providing versatility in compatibility.
The Emerson Sensi thermostat is highly compatible with a wide range of HVAC systems. However, it’s important to note that for heat-only, cool-only, and heat pump systems without auxiliary heating, the presence of a C wire is required.
Note that it does not have auto schedule unlike Nest or Ecobee.
Other features of Emerson sensi smart wifi thermostat are:
- Supports Geofensing and 7 day programming feature.
- Easy DIY Installation: The thermostat is designed for simple do-it-yourself installation.
- It is compatible with most HVAC equipment found in homes, although a common wire (c-wire) is required.
- Energy Savings: The Sensi smart thermostat is ENERGY STAR-certified and helps users save about 23% on HVAC energy costs. It achieves this through features like flexible scheduling, remote access, and usage reports, allowing for optimized energy usage and efficiency
- Smart Maintenance: With the Sensi thermostat, users can monitor the performance and efficiency of their HVAC system. The thermostat delivers valuable usage reports, alerts about equipment status, and maintenance reminders such as filter replacements. This helps users maintain their HVAC system in optimal condition.
Honeywell T9 and T10
The T9 thermostat is a versatile heating and cooling system that supports heat pumps with electric auxiliary heat of upto 2 heating stages and 2 cooling stages. However, it is not compatible with electric baseboard heat (120-240V).
To ensure stable operation, the T9 thermostat typically requires a C-wire (common wire) for power. It’s recommended to check if your home’s heating and cooling system has a C-wire or if you need a power adapter before purchasing the T9 thermostat.
The T9 thermostat comes with everything you need in the box, including a power adapter for compatibility with most homes. It is designed for easy installation and setup, and it automatically detects and identifies your home’s heating and cooling system type, making it user-friendly for DIY installation.
Using the T9 thermostat can help you save energy. Additionally, eligible customers may have the opportunity to enroll in their local utility’s “Demand Response Program,” which rewards you for allowing slight adjustments to your AC or furnace temperature settings during high energy demand periods.
The T9 thermostat is also compatible with various smart home platforms, including IFTTT, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, iOS, and Android. This enables you to control and manage your thermostat through voice commands or integrated smart home systems.
The upgraded Honeywell thermostat T10 have same compatibility with heat pumps but boasts several additional features. It has the capability to handle dual fuel systems, accommodating combinations such as gas and diesel, or a gas furnace and heat pump.
Furthermore, the T10 thermostat offers precise control over humidity levels and ventilation, providing users with enhanced comfort and environmental management.
Honeywell RTH6580WF thermostat
The Honeywell RET97E5D1005/U thermostat is compatible with heating and cooling systems, including heat pumps. However, it is not designed to work with electric baseboard heating operating at 120-240 volts.
The Honeywell TH6320WF1005 thermostat is compatible with 2Heat/2Cool heat pumps and 2Heat/2Cool conventional systems. A C-wire is required for proper operation and compatibility.
Other features include:
- Universal Compatibility: The thermostat is designed to be universally compatible with various heating and cooling systems, ensuring it can be used with a wide range of HVAC setups.
- The thermostat comes pre-programmed with an energy savings schedule, but can also be configured to meet specific scheduling requirements
- Smart Response Technology: The thermostat utilizes Smart Response Technology, which learns and adapts to pre-heat or pre-cool your home to reach the desired temperature at the programmed times.
- Auto Changeover: The thermostat has an auto changeover feature, which automatically switches between heating and cooling modes based on the temperature requirements of the programmed schedule.
- Hold Options: The thermostat offers both permanent and temporary hold options.
- It can automatically downloads software updates, ensuring it stays up to date with the latest features and improvements.
- Alerts and Weather Information: The thermostat provides alerts for high/low temperature and loss of connection to the network. It also allows users to view local weather information for added convenience.
- Total Connect Comfort App: Honeywell’s reliable and highly-rated Total Connect Comfort app offers remote monitoring and management of the home’s comfort and energy usage.
Bosch Connected Control Wi-Fi Thermostat
The Bosch Connected Control Wi-Fi Thermostat offers compatibility with a wide range of HVAC systems. It can be used with Heat Pump systems that have up to 4 heating stages and 2 cooling stages, as well as Conventional systems with 2 heating stages and 2 cooling stages. Additionally, it supports the integration of any 1-wire internally powered humidifier or dehumidifier.
Note-While it’s is compatible with Alexa voice it in not compatible wih other Home automation and does not have Geofencing or IFTT.
Here are some other features of the thermostat:
- It allows for easy scheduling and adjustment of temperature settings.
- The thermostat offers updates that enable control of both evaporation and steam type external humidifier accessories. It also includes features like hot gas reheat and cool to dehumidify capabilities. Additionally, it is now compatible with Dual Fuel systems, which are HVAC systems that use both gas and electric power.
- C-Wire Required: To power the thermostat, a C-wire (common wire) is required. In cases where a C-wire is not available, you can get third-party aftermarket products that provide alternative power to the thermostat.
Honeywell TH9320WF5003 WiFi 9000
The thermostat is designed to be compatible with heat pump systems with up to 3 heat stages and 2 cool stages, as well as conventional systems with up to 2 heat stages and 2 cool stages.
Here are the features of the WiFi 9000 Color Touchscreen Thermostat:
- Customizable Display: The thermostat’s display is customizable, allowing you to personalize it to match your home decor. It provides clear information about indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as humidity levels.
- Primary Resideo App: .This app allows you to monitor and adjust heating and cooling usage, keep track of indoor humidity levels, and receive email alerts related to safety, comfort, and energy efficiency. The app is compatible with a wide range of popular connected devices.
Emerson sensi touch wifi thermostat
The Emerson Sensi Touch thermostat goes beyond heat pumps and extends its compatibility to gas, oil, geothermal, radiant heat systems, and more. It supports up to four stages of heating and two stages of cooling, accommodating a wide range of heating and cooling configurations.
Here are some of its features
- :The Sensi Multiple Thermostat Manager allows you to remotely monitor and control all your Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostats from one intuitive portal.
- Easy Installation and Setup: Installing your Sensi thermostats is made simple with the step-by-step instructions provided in the free mobile app. Once installed, you can easily sign up for the Sensi Multiple Thermostat Manager on their website, offering monthly and yearly subscription plans.
- The Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat seamlessly integrates with popular smart home platforms such as Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Wink.
- With Sensi Manager, you can create and manage multiple thermostat groups within a single portal. This feature allows you to conveniently update and adjust settings for multiple thermostats simultaneously, including temperature, scheduling, keypad lockout, fan control, mode, and setpoints.
- It has energy-saving features like remote access, flexible scheduling, and geofencing (available on the thermostat). You can also enable smart alerts to receive notifications of extreme temperature or humidity levels.
Programmable non wifi heat pump thermostat
Emerson UP310 thermostat
The Emerson UP310 thermostat is designed to be compatible with heating, cooling, and heat pump systems. Specifically, for heat pump systems, it supports up to four stages of heating and two stages of cooling with or without auxillary heat.
Other features of the Emerson UP310 programmable thermostat:
- 7-Day Scheduling: This thermostat allows you to set 7 different heating and cooling schedules, one for each day of the week.
- The thermostat features a large and easy-to-read display with backlighting.
- The Easy DIY Install Wizard guides you through the installation process, setup, and programming in just minutes.
- With a precision temperature accuracy of 1 degree, this thermostat allows you to maintain precise control over your home’s temperature.
- The thermostat is compatible with a wide range of heating, cooling, and heat pump systems.
Honeywell T5 RTH8560D
This Thermostat is compatible with upto two stage heating and cooling heat pumps with auxillary and other convention HVAC systems.
It is non wifi thermostat with adjustable number of cycles per hour. It has crystal clear display nd bright backlight of blue color.
It can give a indoor temperature as well as humidity reading. You can program it for each day, entire week or over the weekend.
It can automatically change from heating to cooling as an when required according to the setpoint and ambient temperature.
Like most Honeywell thermostat it lers your heating nd cooling times to set to set the temperature accurately at required time. You can get this Thermostat for bout $75 on Amazon.
With all above features identical there are other models with only difference in the number programming option and number of heating or cooling stages they are
Honeywell TH4110U2005/U T4 Pro
7, 5-2, 5-1-1 days programmable and single stage heating and cooling with auxillary heat.
5-2 days programmable with 2 stage heat and 1stage cool for heat pump and 2heat/ 2 cool for conventional. Does not have adjustable cycles per hour.
7 days programmable and 2 stage heating and cooling compatibility. Doest not have adjustable cycles per hour.
The thermostat is designed to be compatible with single stage heating, cooling, and heat pump systems that do not require auxiliary heat. Also it is not compatible with electric baseboard heating.
The main selling point is that it is very cheap compared to above programmable thermostats.
Other features includes
- Customizable Programming: Set one program for weekdays and another program for weekends with four programmable periods per day (wake, leave, return, sleep).
- Backlit Digital Display: The display is equipped with a backlight for easy viewing, even in low-light conditions.
- Precise Temperature Control: Maintains a consistent comfort level with an accuracy of +/-1 degree Fahrenheit, ensuring precise temperature control.
The thermostat is specifically designed to be compatible with Heat Pump systems that have 2 heating stages and 1 cooling stage. However, it is not suitable for use with electric baseboard heating systems or certain other HVAC systems.
- Big, Clear Display: The thermostat features a large and clear display that can be easily read, even in low lighting conditions.
- Selectable Programming: Choose between three programming options – 7-day, 5-1-1, or off – to customize your thermostat settings based on your weekly schedule.
- Easy Installation: The thermostat is designed for easy installation with a built-in level indicator, pluggable terminals, and a streamlined configuration menu.
- Advanced Features: such as keypad lock for security, temperature limits for controlled heating/cooling, and a backlight button for enhanced visibility.
- Dual Fuel Standard: The thermostat supports dual fuel systems without the need for additional sensors.
Compatible with single stage heat pumps without auxillary.
Not compatible with baseboard heaters, multi-stage heating or cooling systems, or 3-wire hydronic systems.
- It has a large display with a warm backlight, making it easy to view even from across the room.
- Early Start Mode: The thermostat has an early start mode that ensures the desired temperature is reached by the programmed time.
- 7-Day Programmability: You can program each day individually with up to 4 programming periods, allowing for customized temperature settings throughout the week.
- It also has both permanent and temporary hold modes for added convenience.
- The thermostat provides accurate temperature readings with a precision of +/- 1 degree Fahrenheit and Celsius, ensuring consistent control over your home’s temperature.
- Versatile Compatibility: This thermostat is compatible with various heating and cooling systems, including gas, oil, or electric furnaces, central air conditioners, 2-wire hot water systems, millivolt systems, central heating and cooling systems, and heat pumps without auxiliary/backup heat.
Lux TX9600TS thermostat
The Lux Products TX9600TS thermostat is designed to be compatible 1 or 2 stage Heat / 1 stage Cool: Heat Pump systems
It is not compatible with 120/240 VAC line-voltage systems (without a transformer),
- Easy-to-Read Touchscreen: The thermostat features a large, lighted touchscreen display, making it easy to read and navigate the settings for comfortable temperature control.
- Highly Compatible:In addition to heat pumps it is also compatible with
- Most 24-volt heating and cooling systems
• 1 or 2 stage Heat / 1 stage Cool: Gas, Oil or Electric systems
• 3-wire hydronic (hot water) zone valves
• Gas Millivolt heaters
- Comfort Control: Choose between 2 or 4 periods per day for personalized temperature programming. Additionally, the programmable touch pad lockout prevents unauthorized users from adjusting the settings, maintaining consistent comfort levels.
- Temperature Limits: heating and cooling temperature limits to stay within your desired comfort range.
- Flexible Programming: Enjoy the flexibility of 7-day or 5/2-day temperature programming options.
Non programmable heat pump thermostat
The Honeywell TH5110D1006 thermostat is specifically designed for compatibility with 1 heat/1 cool conventional systems and heat pumps that do not require an auxiliary heat source.
- Large crystal-clear backlit display for easy reading
- Precise comfort control with accurate temperature control of +/-1°F
- Simple push-button controls for easy operation
- Auto Change feature for seamless transition from heat to cool
- Soft-touch keys for a comfortable user experience
- Display shows both room temperature and set temperature
- Retains set point in memory during power outages
- Temperature range stops for heating and cooling settings
- Angled thermostat design for easy installation
- Suitable for DIY installation.
Honeywell RTH5100B 1025
The Honeywell RTH5100B 1025 Deluxe Manual Thermostat is a versatile option as it is compatible with all central heating and cooling systems, including heat pumps that do not require an auxiliary heat source.
- The thermostat provides easy operation with a simple push of a button, delivering maximum comfort for any home.
- Accurate Temperature Control: It offers precise comfort control with accurate temperature control of +/-1° F for consistent comfort.
- Auto change from heat to cool and retains the set point in memory during power outages.
- Temperature Range Stops: It has temperature range stops of 40º to 89º F for heating and 51º to 99º F for cooling.
- Easy Installation: It offers DIY installation.